As part of the December 2019 rulemaking process, Colorado passed new emission inventory reporting requirements (EI) under Regulation No. 7. The new requirements apply to oil and natural gas sources located at or upstream of a natural gas processing plant. Sources were required to start tracking their EI data beginning July 1, 2020 and will need to submit their first EI report, covering July 1, 2020 through December 31, 2020, to the CDPHE by June 30, 2021. Note that the new EI requirements also include reporting of greenhouse gas emissions.
The new EI requirements will apply to many equipment types, some which have not historically been subject to APEN/Permitting requirements in Colorado, including:
- Abnormal events
- Pipeline blowdowns (within facility bounds, and between segments)
- Pig launchers and receivers
- Equipment blowdowns greater than or equal to 50 cubic feet physical volume
- Drilling mud and mud pits
- Natural gas pneumatic controllers & pneumatic pumps
- Well completions, workovers, and wellhead bradenhead
Unsure what to do next? Reach out to one of our talented air quality professionals, and we can answer your questions and guide you through these updated requirements.