Have you seen the latest news from the TCEQ? Well, in case you missed it, allowance trades for 2022 compliance under the Mass Emissions Cap and Trade (“MECT”) and Highly Reactive Volatile Organic Compounds Cap and Trade (“HECT”) Programs are due by January 30, 2023. The TCEQ’s notice also contained the following discussion points:
- Trades must be submitted electronically through the State of Texas Environmental Electronic Reporting System (“STEERS”);
- Instructions for how to complete the trades in STEERS are available on the Emission Banking and Trading Webpage;
- The seller’s Authorized Account Representative (“AAR”) or alternate AAR must certify and submit trade applications;
- Applications that appear under the STEERS Working Area Records are not submitted and will not be processed (the agency will send you a confirmation email once an application has been successfully submitted); and
- New owners of sites subject to the MECT or HECT programs will need to request an Emission Banking and Trading account before allowances can be transferred.
If you have any questions, or if there is any assistance that your organization needs, feel free to contact the professionals at Spirit Environmental and we’ll be glad to assist you.